Friday, March 05, 2010

Baitul-Mal

Baitul-mal according to Fiqh (classic Islamic literature) is the exchequer of an Islamic state. Being public property, all the citizens of an Islamic state have some beneficial right over the Baitul-mal, yet, nobody can claim to be its owner. Still, the Baitul-mal has some rights and obligations. Imam Al-Sarakhsi, the well-known Hanafi Jurist, says in his work “Al-Masut”:
“The Baitul-mal has some rights and obligations which may possibly be undetermined.”
At another place the same author says:
“If the head of an Islamic state needs money to give salaries to his army, but he finds no money in the Kharaj department of the Baitul-mal (wherefrom the salaries are generally given) he can give salaries from the sadaqah (Zakah) department, but the amount so taken from the sadaqah department shall be deemed to be a debt on Kharaj department.”
It follows from this that not only the Baitul-mal, but also the different departments therein can borrow and advance loans to each other. The liability of these loans does not lie on the head of state, but on the concerned department of Baitul-mal. It means that each department of Baitul-mal is a separate entity and in that capacity it can advance and borrow money, may be treated a debtor or a creditor, and thus can sue and be sued in the same manner as a juridical person does. It means that the Fuqaha of Islam have accepted the concept of juridical person in respect of Baitul-mal.

2 Comments:

MFM RILWAN said...

ASSALAMU ALAIKKUM.

A FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE.



My name is Mr. M.F.M.Rilwan. I am from Sri Lanka. I am a student. 20
years of age. I have been suffering a lot because of my unfortunate
situation. It is because, I am from a poor family. No house. My father
left my mother, sister and me. Now I have no way to continue my
studies. I have to work hard to learn out side privately to get
through the examinations due to the weakness of my eyes. So, each and
every day I have to face ugly scence to spend money to my private
classes and the costs of living with my family.

As such, I need one million LKR (1,000,000.00 LKR) to have a house
and do a part line business to finish my studies successfully. In
order to prove this genuine case I will enclose some copies of my
documents if you need.

So, Please assist me by granting whatever amount you can.

My Details:

*Name:- Mr. M.F.M.Rilwan.

*Full Name:- Mohamed Fawzar Mohamed Rilwan.

*Date of Birth:- 11 September 1990.

*Home Address:- 122/B, Kalalpitiya, Ukuwela-21300. Sri Lanka.

*National Identity Card Number:- 902550933V.

*e-mail:- rilwanslanka@gmail.com

*Phone:- 0094715862311.

*Account Number:- 8147007084.

*Bank:- Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC.

Yours Truely,
Mr. M.F.M.RILWAN.

MFM RILWAN said...

Assalamu Alaikkum.
My dear Muslims..
Be Peace.. Be Happy..

Yours,

Mr M.F.M Rilwan.

Widget By Devils Workshop
 

| Blogger by - Romi Adetio Setiawan |